ATK is updated to 1.4.0 with new features and optimizations. It is also now compiled on Travis-CI: https://travis-ci.org/mbrucher/AudioTK/branches.
I’ve started working on porting some Python libraries to Python3, but I required using an old Visual Studio (2012) for which there is no Python3 version. In the end, I tried following this tutorial. The issue with the tutorial is that you are downloading the externals by hand. It is actually simpler to call get_externals.bat from the PCBuild folder.
Be aware that the solution is a little bit flawed. pylauncher is built in win32 mode in Release instead of x64. This has an impact on deployment.
Once this is done, I had to deploy the build to a proper location so that it is self contained. I inspired myself heavily from another tutorial by the same author, only adding 64 bits support in this gist.
Once this was done, time to build Boost.Python! To start, just compile bjam the usual way, don’t add Python options on the command line, this will utterly fail in Boost.Build. Then add in user-config.jam the following lines (with the proper folders):
using python : 3.4 : D:/Tools/Python-3.4.5/_INSTALL/python.exe : D:/Tools/Python-3.4.5/_INSTALL/include : D:/Tools/Python-3.4.5/_INSTALL/libs ;
This should build the debug and release mode with this line:
.\b2 --with-python --layout=versioned toolset=msvc-11.0 link=shared stage address-model=64
.\b2 --with-python --layout=versioned toolset=msvc-11.0 link=shared stage address-model=64 python-debugging=on
After my transient shaper, some people told me it would be nice to have a splitter: split the signal in two tracks, one with the transient, another with the sustain. For instance, it would be interesting to apply a different distortion on both signals.
ATK is updated to 1.3.0 with new features and optimizations.
I’ve decided to create a real space for Audio ToolKit. The idea is to make it more visible, with a consistent message to the users.
In addition to this move, this blog has move to a subdomain there (and you may have noticed it) and Audio ToolKit documentation as well.
This is mainly a bug fix release. A nasty bug on increasing processing sizes would corrupt the input data and thus change the results. It is advised to upgrade to this release as soon as possible.
This is the first stable release of the Audio Toolkit, after more than a year of development. In addition to the serial pipeline, there is now an option to use TBB to render each chunk in parallel. The pipeline can also return the maximum latency the pipeline possesses if all latency information is given during the build of the pipeline.
Additional filters were also added to complement the current set of filters.
Focus on this release was on performance. As such the core functions were optimized, as well as some tools and EQ.
A new filter dedicated to fast convolution (using a fixed-size partition with a mix of FFT convolution and explicit FIR filter) with 0 latency was added.
The main changes for this release are first trials at modulated filters, C++11 usage (nullptr, override and final), and some API changes (the main process_impl function is now const).
Sometimes images are worth a thousand words, so let’s look at some pictures of a middle-side compressor behavior.
Continue reading Audio Toolkit: Anatomy of a middle-side compressor